Thursday, September 24, 2009

The obligatory beginning.


Well, I had all these plans for my blog and now I don't even know where to start.

To preface things... up until about two weeks ago, I worked for the largest cell phone carrier in the United States. Well, actually I worked for a smaller carrier that was bought out by the larger carrier. To make a long story short, my job was eliminated two weeks ago.

The problem with that has nothing to do with me actually getting laid off - I was practically begging for it anyways - it has to do with the fact that initially, this blog was going to be about... well, basically about CellFail. What is CellFail? It's the garbage that you get and the crap that you hear day after day from these cellphone customers who don't think that we've heard every excuse and every story in the book a million times before. It was going to be about the people who brought in their cellphones that they had CLEANED WITH DETERGENT and wondered why it didn't work. You know, things like that. I had planned to have a few guests that I worked with chip in every now and then. I already had volunteers.

Unfortunately, I can't do that anymore because I no longer work for that cellphone carrier. So, what's a girl to do with an empty blog? I thought and thought, and came up with the most interesting topic for the blog ever: ME!

//crowd backs away//

Really, it's not such a bad thing... I promise. Well, maybe it is. If it is, I'm sure you aren't reading this anymore. But if you're still around, then perhaps you actually are interested in my life... just a little bit!

What I'll be posting in this journal are things I like to refer to as "randomocities." I've always had this knack for being in the right place at the right time when something weird goes down, or when some white-trashy (I can use that word!) incident happens. Anytime something happens that makes people scratch their heads, I just seem to be around. So first of all, those are some of the things you'll be reading about.

...you'll also be reading about my opinions, and things that happen to me, and you'll be looking at pictures and stories from my life. If the random musings and stories and things from a childfree atheist might offend you, I don't suggest that you read this blog. If dirty humor and snarkiness aren't your thing, then you really shouldn't stick around. But if you have an open mind, and you aren't politically correct or easily offended, you may just enjoy what I have to say. My mind IS a bit twisted, I will have to admit. If yours is too, then I'm sure we'll get along.

Also, feel free to leave comments! You can sign up if you want, but for now you can also post anonymously without an account... just please let me know who you are! If anything crazy happens with anonymous posting I'll probably make it so that you have to sign up... and I don't want to do that. So, chill, and don't be an ass. Only I'm allowed to do that. ^_^

I'm sure in the next entry or two you'll get to know me a bit better... also, I need to figure out how the hell to use this blogspot thing. If you have any questions at all, feel free to leave a comment!

Til next time,

~Bethitis~

3 comments:

  1. Hey...long time no read. You know I've been meaning to get a blogspot too at some point. LJ is so deserted these days.

    I'll sign up at some point soon for an account, but for now, I'm just saying hello and looking forward to what you have to say.

    Bob (aka bee_oh_three)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited, another new awesome blog to read! It's such a nice break from all the blogs I read that are of my friends and family yacking on about their kids! :-)

    ReplyDelete